The Project Coordinator is an integral member of the Granite-Tops team, responsible for providing project management for Granite-Tops client/builder base as well as retail customers. The Project Coordinator when needed will also assist walk in customers and coordinate any sold jobs from sale.
Duties and responsibilities
- Learn and understand the sales, production and billing process or work flow
- Learn, understand and communicate strong understanding of stone characteristics and types
- Develop sales proposals in response to customer inquiries; working towards a high level of accuracy and efficiency
- Manage scheduling software for assigned jobs so that all activities are completed on or before date assigned
- Work with customers to ensure all items needed for a job have been considered, coordinated or ordered as needed, including sink, range information, colors, edging installation dates, directions, etc.
- Plan and order stone for assigned projects, accurately create purchase orders, including all necessary information and detail
- Inspect drawings and templates prior to fabrication for accuracy
- Create a digital layout with customers as needed
- Communicate with the fabrication shop as needed and ensure complete project information is provided to shop (in cut bin) at least 5 days prior to installation
- Receive and respond in a timely manner to customer questions or concerns
- Follow any necessary changes regarding the materials or project
- Provide excellent customer service through-out the project, including communication with customers after installs to make sure their job is complete to the customer’s expectations
- Meeting customers in our show-room to discuss colors, pricing, edging and other sales information
- Ability to use independent judgement; assessing and redirecting as needed to avoid project complications and taking appropriate action with a difficult project situation or complication
- Assist the office team in answering phones when receptionist is not available as well as other activities related to customer service
- Assist at other showroom facilities when necessary
- Participate in evening and weekend hour rotations as needed
- May make occasional trips to vendors to show customers slab colors and discuss project planning as required
- May attend meetings or make visits to job sites with builders/owners as required
- Represent Granite-Tops and Stone Countertop Outlet as a safe, professional, on-time, quality company.
- Adhere to all company policies and codes of the employee handbook
- All other duties assigned
- Communication – the ability to communicate effectively with the customer, providing strong customers service and closing sales.
- Math – the skills needed to calculate sales proposals accurately and completely
- Computer – the ability to prove proficiency in computer applications used in executing the business processes. Including Moraware Project Management Software, Netsuite software.
- Organization and Prioritization – able to keep track of and prioritize multiple projects, files and schedules in order to maintain high customer service levels
- Detail Orientation – ability to ensure all necessary information is accurately included with all proposals, job files and PO’s
- Teamwork – support of team members in making sure that all needed tasks are completed. Have an understanding of the sales, field measure, fabrication, and installation processes
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of customer service or related experience
- Previous project coordination experience
- Previous Stone Industry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Accuracy of proposals, job files and purchase orders
Ability to organize and manage projects completely and according to process
Activity dates are met through Moraware
Customer satisfaction (minimal quality reviews)
Attendance is within the guidelines of the Granite-Tops policy
Office environment, occasional production shop or outdoor conditions during customer slab selection or project coordination.
Position may require some light lifting
To Apply: Complete the job application listed on the Employment page and sent it or bring it into:
Granite-Tops Corporate Headquarters
1480 Prairie Drive
Cold Spring MN 56320